Candidates seeking admission into the undergraduate and postgraduate law courses from Bihar Hindu University can apply for admission. The candidate interested in admission must go through an entrance examination process. Candidates who have successfully cleared the examination will become eligible to take admission into the colleges affiliated with Banaras Hindu University. In this article, we will discuss BHU Law entrance exam details like Application Form, Exam Date, Syllabus, Eligibility, Pattern, etc.
BHU LAW Important Dates
The following are the important dates for the BHU Law Courses entrance examination-
BHU UET Exam Date 2023 for LLB Course
|Application form date release||January 2023|
|Last Date of Application form submission||March 2023|
|Admit Card Release Date announced||August 2023|
|BHU UET 2023 Exam date||August 2023 (for LLB Course)|
August 2023 (for LLM Course)
|Result date Declare||—|
|Counseling date starts||—|
BHU PET Exam Date 2023 for LLM Course
|Application form date Release||January 2023|
|Last Date for Submitting the Application form||March 2023|
|Admit Card Release Date||August 2023|
|BHU PET 2023 Exam date||August 2023 (for LLB Course)|
August 2023 (for LLM Course)
|Result date Declaration||—|
|Counseling date start||—|
BHU LAW Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria for the BHU Law entrance exam 2023 are as follows-
LLB (Hons.) Course
- Candidates are required to possess a bachelor’s degree from a recognized university in any discipline
B.A. LLB Course
- The candidates are required to have passed class 12th from a recognized board in any stream
LLM (Under Special Course of Study) Course/LLM/LLM (HRDE)
- The candidates are required to possess an LLB degree(3 years or 5 years) from a recognized University
BHU LAW 2023 Application Form
The following are the application process for the BHU Law Entrance examination-
Follow us at Telegram
- Visit the official website of BHU or follow this link- http://bhuonline.in/
- Now navigate to the online application of BHU UET or BHU PET based on your course selection
- Now a new window will appear, here, you have to get registered first using your email Id, password, and mobile number
- An email will be sent to confirm your registration that you have to confirm
- Now, log in to your account using your ID and password
- A form will appear, fill the form with correct details like name, number, address, education qualification, etc.
- After filling the application form, the candidates are required to submit the application followed by payment of the fee
- The application payment can be done using a credit/debit card, UPI, net banking, etc.
- After payment is done, you will be provided with a downloadable application form and payment receipt which you should take a printout for future use
Documents required for BHU Law 2023 Application Form
The following are the documents that are necessary for filling the BHU LLB application form-
- Latest Scanned photo passport size
- 10 and 12 certificates scanned
- Scanned signature of the candidate
- Aadhaar card number and a scanned copy
BHU Law Application Fee
The application fee depends on the criteria that the candidate belongs to. The following are the fee that is associated with the respective categories-
|Category||Fee amount to be paid|
BHU LAW Examination Pattern
The examination pattern of BHU LLB will be both pen and paper mode as well as CBT mode. The total time given to the candidates to complete the examination is 2 hours. The question paper consisted of Multiple Choice Questions and the candidates are required to attempt 150 questions consisting of a total of 450 marks.
Syllabus for BHU LLB
The following are the syllabus of the BHU LLB entrance examination-
- Current Affairs
- Mental Ability
- Legal Aptitude
- General Awareness
- English comprehension.
- Law of Torts
- Constitutional Law
- Law of Contracts
- Public International Law
- Indian Evidence Act
- Environmental Law
- Hindu Law
- Muslim Law
BHU LLB Admit Card
To participate in the entrance test, the candidate is required to carry the admit card along with them. If the candidate fails to present the admit card to the examiner then the examination of the candidate can be canceled. Candidates can download the admit card from the official website of BHU. The admit card is not yet released by the BHU, we will notify you when BHU releases the admit card.
BHU LLB Result
The result of the BHU law entrance examination for both UET and PET is not yet released. We will notify you when the entrance examination result is released by BHU. Along with the result, a cut-off mark is also provided by the university.
BHU LLB cut-off
The cut-off mark is the minimum marks required by the candidates to pass the entrance examination. University releases the cut-off marks along with the result of the entrance examination.
Banaras Hindu University LLB Counselling
Counseling is a process in which all the candidates who have cleared the entrance examination are invited to offer them a seat in the colleges. Candidates are required to submit the counseling application to the individual colleges affiliated with the BHU. The admission will be provided under merit-based.
Documents Required for Counselling
The following are the document that you have to carry when visiting the counseling session-
- Class 10 /high school or its equivalent examination certificate
- Class 12 marks sheet/ grade sheet or equivalent qualifying
- 10 recent color photographs
- Migration/ transfer/ character certificate from the last attended institution
- SC/ST/OBC Category certificates (if any)
- Admission fee payment at the cash counter of the admission venue either in cash or through bank demand draft (DD) from a nationalized bank.