Dr. Bhimrao Ambetkar Open University or BRAOU is an open university that provides quality education with its distance learning program. Bachelor of Education or B.Ed is a teaching course that helps an aspirant to build his/her career in the teaching field. The candidates who want to pursue B.Ed from an open university under the distance learning program must go through an entrance test. In this article, we will discuss information about the BRAOU B.Ed Entrance test like Application Form, Exam Date, Eligibility, Pattern, Syllabus, Admit Card, Result, etc.
BRAOU B.Ed 2023 Important Exam Dates
|Submit the Application Form||April 2023|
|End to submit the online application form||May 2023|
|Application Fee starts||April 2023|
|Application fee last date||May 2023|
|Admit Card||7 days before the exam|
|BRAOU B.Ed 2023 Exam Date||June 2023|
BRAOU B.Ed 2023 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria for B.Ed BRAOU are as follows-
- The candidate must be a citizen of India
- The candidate must have completed the class XII/Intermediate/Senior Secondary School Exam from a recognized Board or institution.
- Candidates must have aggregated 45% in their Undergrad Degree from a recognized University.
- For candidates who has a graduation degree in Technology or Engineering with 55% marks in Mathematics, Science, and in other subjects can apply for the test
- The candidate should have completed 19 years as of 01-07-2019. No upper age limit. However, weightage to be given to the candidates fulfilling any one of the following conditions:-
- Parent of a child with a disability
- A person with a disability possessing Disability Certificate issued by the Competent Authority
- Possession of any RCI approved diploma/degree
BRAOU B.Ed 2023 Application Form
The application process for BRAOU B.Ed starts in April each year and candidates who are graduated with a bachelor’s degree can apply for this course. You can follow these steps to fill the application form online-
- For online applicants, the process is easy and fast. Visit the official website of BRAOU B.Ed and click on the apply button, the official website of BRAOU B.Ed is https://www.braouonline.in/Home.aspx
- The application form will be opened, fill the form with accurate information and click on the Next button
- After that, you have to upload the digital photograph, signature, and other documents
- Now Click on the submit button, a new screen with all the information filled will appear, review the application and check for all the details again
- Now pay the fee online using Net banking, credit card, or debit card
- Your application is filled, take a print out of the application and payment receipt for future use
Documents required for BRAOU B.Ed 2023 Application Form
The following are the documents that are necessary for filling the BRAOU B.Ed application form-
Follow us at Telegram
- Latest Scanned photo passport size
- 10 and 12 certificates scanned
- Scanned signature of the candidate
- Aadhaar card number and a scanned copy
BRAOU B.Ed 2023 Application Fee
The application fee depends on the criteria that the candidate belongs to. The following are the fee that is associated with the respective categories-
Admit card for BRAOU B.Ed 2023 admit card is released once the exam date is closing usually, 2-3 weeks before the examination. You can download the admit card from the official website. It is important for the candidates participating in the BRAOU B.Ed to follow the guidelines mentioned on the Admit card.
Syllabus for BRAOU B.Ed 2023
The syllabus for BRAOU B.Ed 2023 is as follows-
Proficiency in Telugu
General Mental Ability
- Logical & Analytical Reasoning
- Verbal & Abstract Reasoning
- Judgment & Decision Making
- Creative Thinking
- Drawing inferences etc.
- Reading Comprehension
- Fill in the blanks
- Error Corrections
- Spelling Error
- One Word Substitution
The exam pattern of the BRAOU B.Ed 2023 exam consists of 100 questions and holds a total of 100 Marks which is divided into two papers. This test consists of three sections and each section has 25 and general mental ability 50 questions, each section of 150 marks. Each question will be of 1 mark each and you will be provided 2 hours to complete the examination.
|Topics||No. of questions||Maximum marks|
|Proficiency in Telugu||25||25|
|General Mental Ability||50||50|
BRAOU B.Ed 2023 Exam Center
|Code||Name of College||Place|
|01||Govt. Degree College for Men||Adilabad|
|02||Govt. Degree College for Men||Ananthapur|
|03||Govt. Degree College for Men||Kadapa, YSR Dist.|
|04||SIR CRR College||Eluru, W.G. Dist.|
|05||Eluru, W.G. Dist.||Guntur|
|06||SRR Govt. College||Karimnagar|
|07||SR & BGNR Govt. College||Khammam|
|08||Silver Jubilee Govt. Degree College||Kurnool|
|09||VMS Govt. Arts & Science College||Mahaboobnagar|
|10||Nagarjuna Govt. College||Nalgonda|
|11||Sri Sarvodaya College||Nellore, PSR Nellore Dist|
|12||Girraj Govt. College||Nizamabad|
|13||CSR Sarma College||Ongole, Prakasam Dist|
|14||Govt. Degree College||Rajahmundry, E.G., Dist|
|15||Govt. Degree College||Siddipet, Medak Dist.|
|16||Govt. Degree College for Men||Srikakulam|
|17||S.V. Arts College||Tirupati, Chittoor Dist.|
|42||SRR & CVR Govt. Degree College||Vijayawada|
|19||Dr. V.S. Krishna Govt. Degree College||Vishakapatnam|
|21||University Arts & Science College||Subedari, Warangal|
|28||Govt. Degree College for Women||Begumpet, Hyderabad|
|29||New Govt. Degree College||Khairatabad, Hyderabad|
|30||SRR & CVR Govt. Degree College Vijayawada||Vijayawada|
BRAOU B.Ed 2023 Exam Result
The Exam result will be released within a month or two after the examination is conducted. Along with the result, a cut-off will also be released which is the minimum marks required for the candidates to pass the examination for admission.
B.Ed 2023 Reservation Criteria
- For Scheduled Tribe Candidates 02% seats are available.
- For Scheduled Caste Candidates 21% of seats are available.
- For OBC Candidates 27% of seats are available.
Counselling is a process where the candidates who have passed the Entrance test finalizes their seats and the admission to the B.Ed course is confirmed. In this event, you have to visit the venue on the notified date with the necessary documents and confirm your seat by paying the fee for the B.Ed course. You have to select the college that you want to choose as well.
Documents Required for Counselling
The following are the document that you have to carry when visiting the counselling session-
- Class 10 /high school or its equivalent examination certificate
- Class 12 marks sheet/ grade sheet or equivalent qualifying
- 10 recent color photographs
- Migration/ transfer/ character certificate from the last attended institution
- SC/ST/OBC Category certificates (if any)
- Admission fee payment at the cash counter of the admission venue either in cash or through bank demand draft (DD) from a nationalized bank.