CAT stands for Common Admission Test which is conducted on a national level each year. This examination is a prominent management entrance test for admission into IIMs and other business schools throughout India. For taking admission into the business schools and IIMs, the candidate has to pass the entrance examination for taking admission to desired colleges. In this article, we will discuss CAT Exam 2023 Dates, Eligibility, Registration, Syllabus, Pattern, etc.
Eligibility Criteria of CAT 2023
The candidates must meet the eligibility criteria mentioned below for applying for the CAT examination-
- The candidates must have a bachelor’s degree in any discipline with at least 50% marks aggregated (45% for Reserved Category Candidates) from a recognized University
- Final year candidates can also apply for the CAT entrance examination, however, at the time of admission, the candidate have to show his/her graduation status otherwise, the candidate’s admission will be cancelled
Exam Date Of CAT 2023:
The examination of CAT 2023 shall be conducted in November 2023.
|Notification Release Date of CAT Exam 2023||July 2023|
|Registration of CAT 2023||August 2023|
|Last date for filling out the Online Application form of CAT 2023||September 2023|
|Beginning of Application Correction for CAT 2023||September 2023|
|Availability of Admit Card for CAT 2023||October 2023|
|Date Of Examination of CAT 2023||November 2023|
|Release Date of Answer Key for CAT 2023||December 2023|
|Last date to submit an objection||December 2023|
|Announcement of Results for CAT 2023||January 2024|
Pre-Requisite for CAT Entrance Examination 2023
The following are the Pre-Requisite that you must keep in mind before applying for CAT Entrance Examination-
Follow us at Telegram
- From July 2023, an advertisement inviting qualified candidates to enrol for the application form shall be out. The registration process will begin from August 2023.
- Prior to actually taking the test, an applicant must register with accurate and up to date personal and contact information. Registration is only possible through an online application form.
- For CAT 2023, there are no other kiosks or offline mode of application options.
- Once the commercial is posted, the official website www.iimcat.ac.in will display important dates for CAT 2023 examination.
- To prevent any kind of misunderstanding, the applicant should check all of the documents submitted for registration, qualifications, placement, ranking, and disclaimers about the CAT 2023 on the official website.
- When an applicant has registered and received login credentials, he or she can take a practise test.
Registration of CAT 2023 Application Form
The following are the step by step instructions on registering for the CAT Entrance examination-
- Visit the official website of IIM CAT and click on the Registration button
- Now, you’ll have to get yourself registered using your email ID and Password
- After registration is completed, login to your account using your login credentials
- After loggin in, navigate to the application form and fill the application form with correct details like name, address, education qualification, etc.
- Now, upload the documents mentioned below by using relevant upload buttons
- After uploading the documents, you’ll have to pay the application form fee online using net banking, credit card/debit card, UPI, etc.
- Make sure to take a printout of the application form and payment receipt for future use
Steps to Edit the Application Form of CAT 2023:
For editing the application form to change wrong information, you can use the following steps-
- Go to the official CAT website, https://iimcat.ac.in
- Then, using the User ID and password, log in to your account
- The Online application form will now appear on your phone
- Select Edit from the drop-down menu and make the necessary changes
- Once you’ve finished editing the form, click Save and then Submit
Documents Required for CAT Examination 2023
The following are the documents required for CAT Entrance Examination-
- Scanned copy of Caste Certificate
- Bachelor degree marks certificates, and provisional certificates
- Scanned photograph and signature images
- Class 10th and 12th passing certificate/ Marksheet
Application Fee for CAT 2023
The following will be the fee of the application for CAT 2023-
|For Candidates belonging to General/OBC||Rs.2200/-|
|For Candidates belonging to SC/ST/PWD||Rs.1100/-|
Mode of payment: The application fee can be paid online mode.
CAT 2023 Exam Pattern
The examination pattern for the CAT 2023 exam is as follows-
|Examination Mode||Online (Computer Based Test)|
|Duration of exam||180 minutes|
|Question Type||Both MCQ and Non-MCQ questions|
|CAT Examination Sections||Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning Verbal & Reading Comprehension and Quantitative Aptitude|
|Grading system||+3 for a correct response -1 for an incorrect response Non-MCQ form questions have no negative marking|
Section-wise distribution of Questions and Marks for CAT 2023
|Sections||Number of Question||Maximum Marks|
|Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning||32||96|
|Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension||34||102|
Syllabus for CAT 2023
The CAT exam does not have a specific syllabus. However, based on the previous year’s test, the following are the relevant topics from the various sections:
- Linear and Quadratics Equations
- Time, Speed and Distance
- Time and Work
- Surds and Indices
- Critical Path
- Mensuration and Geometry
- Allegations and Mixtures
- Critical Path and more.
Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning:
- Line Graph
- Pie Chart
- Bar Graph
- Seating Arrangement
- Data Arrangement
- Blood Relations
- Venn Diagram
- Combination of Graphs
- Clocks and Calendars
- Data Sufficiency
- Assumptions etc.
Verbal & Reading Comprehension:
- Fact Inference Judgement
- Para completion
- Para Jumble
- Fill in the blanks
- Word usage
- Sentence Correction etc.
CAT Exam 2023 Admit Card:
You can download the admit card online by visiting the official website and downloading the admit card. The following are the step by step instructions on how to download the admit card for CAT examination-
- Visit to the CAT’s official website
- Then choose ‘Login’ from the menu
- Next, type in your registration ID and password
- The admit card window will open where you can print the CAT Admit card
- Download and print the CAT 2023 admit card by clicking on the download button
CAT 2023 Result
The CAT 2023 scorecard will be available on the CAT website. The candidate will also be notified individually via SMS when the results are announced. The CAT 2023 score will be valid until December 2024. The results are scheduled to be released in the second week of January 2024
Remember that no centralized counseling would be provided by the authorities. Specific call letters will be sent to selected candidates by the IIMs. For entry, the institutes can perform additional rounds of selection, such as GD and PI.
How to prepare for the CAT 2023 Entrance Examination?
CAT is a difficult examination for getting into top B School in the country. For passing the examination, the candidates must prepare for the examination thoroughly. Here are some helpful tips to perform well in the CAT entrance examination-
- First go through the CAT examination pattern and syllabus thoroughly to understand the examination and strategize your approach towards completing the syllabus for the examination
- First evaluate yourself by practicing few test papers section wise and determine your weak and strong areas
- Analyse previous year question papers to gain perspective about the examination
- Self-study is important however, you can always get help from online resources both free and paid or you can also join an institute, but, remember self-study is a must
- Participate in multiple mock test and practice again and again
- After each practice run evaluate your weak and strong points
Recommended Books for CAT 2023?
The following are several books that you can use to prepare for the CAT entrance examination-
- Nishit K. Sinha’s Logical Reasoning and Data Interpretation for the CAT
- Arun Sharma’s CAT Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension Preparation
- Sarvesh K.Verma’s Quantitative Aptitude Quantum CAT Common Admission Tests for Admission into IIMs
- NCERT books (National Council of Educational Research and Training) to cover the basics from 6th to 10th grades.
- Nishit Saxena’s Quantitative Aptitude for CAT
- Sarvesh Sharma’s Quantitative Aptitude Quantum for CAT
- Abhijit Guha’s Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Exams
Exam Centers of CAT 2023
The CAT 2023 exam will be held in 156 cities across India. The following are a few of them:
- Navi Mumbai
Answer Key for CAT 2023:
The CAT 2023 answer key would be available on www.iimcat.ac.in in December 2023. By proceeding to the objection management tab, candidates can check the official CAT 2023 answer key for slots 1, 2, and 3, as well as the question paper and response sheet. The CAT answer key can be challenged until December 2023.
How to download the CAT Answer Key 2023:
- First, go to iimcat.ac.in, which is the official CAT website.
- Look at the Announcements with Important Dates section on the home page.
- Then select CAT Response Key 2023 from the menu.
- Go to the PDF link provided and open it.
- You will get the answer key here.
- Download the answer key of CAT 2023 and keep it safe.
There are no upper age limits associated with the CAT examination. Anyone can participate however, other eligibility linked education qualifications, etc. must be evaluated beforehand.
No, it is not possible
A candidate who has successfully submitted his or her application may obtain his or her admit card through his or her User ID and Password from the CAT’s official website. If you are unable to obtain your admit card, please contact –
There are no such limit for taking the CAT examination, you can CAT Examination as many times as needed to make it to the desired business school.
No, it is not feasible. You can, however, use the on-screen calculator
Yes, CAT exam evaluation is primarily used as an MBA entrance examination by top Business schools and IIMs in India. There are also some PGDM programs for which you’ll have to show the CAT examination score.
IIMs are Premium Public Business Schools providing business education to the students. It comes directly under the Ministry of Education, Government of India.
Yes, After the written examination, interviews are conducted in the respective IIMs to filter the best candidates for MBA courses.
No, everyone is eligible to take the CAT examination irrespective of class 12 stream choice also there are no restrictions on graduation level as well.
You can secure admission into IIM if you score 80-90 percentile in the examination. however, the top business schools provide admission to candidates with 98-95 percentiles only.