GATE exam is one of the most important competitive exams in India. The complete form of GATE is The Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering, and it thoroughly tests your knowledge in the various undergraduate subjects in engineering. If you are to get through this exam, you have to have a thorough knowledge of your chosen course. Various institutes in the country help prepare for this exam fully and clear this exam with the following colors. If you are to excel at this exam, you have to study both in a complex and intelligent way, and you will be able to pass this exam very easily.
If you can clear this exam, you are eligible to apply for the public sector or the government sector jobs for yourself. You are also eligible to go and apply for the Master’s program, abbreviated as MTech or the Masters of Technology. There are various streams at which you can excel in this exam, such as Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Electronics and Communication Engineering and Electronics and Electrical Engineering. However, the main factors to excel in this examination are hard work, determination and consistency, as you need to work hard over a long period.
Important Dates to Remember
All of the important dates regarding GATE 2023 will be released around July 2021, and till then, we will have to sit tight and prepare hard to increase our chances of getting selected and apply for the dream job.
|Gate 2023 Registration Date||30th August 2022|
|Last Date to submit Online Application Form||30th September 2022|
|Closing Date of extended online registration/ application process||16th October 2022|
|Modifications in GATE 2023 Application||4th to 11th November|
|GATE Admit Card date Available||3rd January 2023|
|GATE Exam Date 2023||4th, 5th 11th & 12th February 2023|
|Release of Answer Key||21st February 2023|
|Answer key objection window||22nd to 25th February 2023|
|Result date Declare||16th March 2023|
|Score Card download||22nd March 2023|
More Informations Regarding GATE 2023
|The difficulty of this exam||All India Level|
|Application Mode||Online Mode|
|Exam Date||5th February, 6th February, 7th February, 12th February, 13th February and 14th February 2023.|
|Interview of Dates||17th February 2023 and 18th February 2023|
|Announcement of Results||22nd March 2023|
Eligibility Criteria for GATE 2023
As we have already discussed, the various subjects included in the GATE Exam 2023 are the various engineering streams. You have to be thorough at them before even thinking of sitting for this exam.
Follow our WhatsApp Channel
Now we will talk about the various eligibility criteria that one needs to follow to sit and write this exam:
- B. Tech/ B.E. / BPharm
If, the applicant, uses this degree as their applying degree. That particular candidate at least needs to have a qualifying degree or the bachelor’s degree in the field of engineering and technology and should have completed the engineering or all four years, or if not this then he should at least should have a three years degree in B.Sc. or a diploma in either engineering or technology.
If the candidate is applying for the GATE exam through his degree in architecture, they must at least have a five-year degree of completing the bachelor’s degree in architecture.
- B.Sc. in Research
If the candidate is to sit for the GATE exam in 2023, they should at least have a bachelor’s degree in science after working for it for four years or should have a degree in post-diploma.
- M.Sc. / M.A. / MCA
If the candidate is applying for the GATE exam after completing the degree of the degrees above or, in other words, is post-graduated. They must have a degree in math, arts, computers, science, or statistics and should be equal to a master’s degree.
|Category||Relaxation in Upper Age|
|SC / ST / ex-servicemen||5 years|
|PwBD (General)||Ten years|
|PwD (OBC)||13 years|
|PwD (SC/ST)||15 years|
GATE Application Fees
|Category||Fees||Fees during an extended period|
|Male (General, OBC and Others)||Rs. 1,500||Rs. 2,000|
|SC/ ST/ PwD||Rs. 750||Rs. 1,250|
|Women (All Category)||Rs. 750||Rs. 1,250|
|International Students – Dubai and Singapore||Rs. 7500||Rs. 9000|
|International Students – Addis Ababa Colombo, Dhaka and Kathmandu||Rs. 3750||Rs. 5250|
The Selection Procedure of GATE 2023
Candidates applying for GATE 2023 must provide specific documents that demonstrate their eligibility to take the examination. In order to fill out the application form, you need to upload the eligibility criteria certificates. In the following section, we have highlighted some of the most critical points related to documents to be uploaded by candidates:
For the candidates applying through bachelor degree:
- Suppose the candidate has completed the mentioned qualifying examinations by 2023 or earlier. In that case, they must provide either a degree certificate, provisional degree certificate, course completion certificate, or member certificate as provided by the official designated authority.
- The candidate who will complete the qualifying criteria in 2023 or later must upload the Provisional Certificate Letter (from the Head of the Institute/Dean/Registrar/Head of Department) or the marks card for Section A of AMIE.
- Candidates who fall under the PwD (Persons with Disabilities) category will be required to upload a PwD certificate issued by a recognized authority. Applicants who have been assessed as having at least 40% impairment regardless of the type of disability will be provided with a fee concession only if they meet this requirement. As part of the application process, the candidate must also submit the certification to the allotted institute.
- Those candidates with backlogs (failed subjects) in any of the subjects in their qualifying examination will be required to upload a copy of their final year mark sheet issued by the institute at which they were enrolled in their qualifying examination. Would you please keep in mind that the internet downloaded grade sheet will not be accepted under any circumstances?
- Candidates from the SC/ST category will need to prove their status with a valid document eligible for a concession in the application fee. The only documents that will be considered for concessions are those issued by authorized officials.
- To obtain a scribe, dyslexic candidates must submit a certificate from authorities stating their condition.
For the candidates applying through the Master’s degree:
- Candidates who qualify for the GATE program will receive admissions to MTech courses at various IITs, NITs, IIITs, and CFTIs. It will not be necessary to conduct a separate counseling procedure for GATE 2023. In place of this, candidates will be required to apply separately for each counseling process. To be considered for admission to MTech programs at IITs, the candidate will need to register separately through COAP. To gain admission into NITs, IIITs, and some CFTIs, candidates will need to participate in the Centralized Counselling for MTech.
In 2023, the GATE 2023 entrance examination will be held online by the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Kharagpur. The GATE 2023 exam will be announced along with the official notification, which will be released in late August.
The total number of subject papers will rise to 29 this year with two new GATE 2023 papers. GATE will add two new paper subjects this year. These are Naval Architecture & Marine Engineering and Geomatics Engineering. A web-based registration system for GATE 2023 will likely be implemented in September 2021. There are tentative plans to conduct the GATE 2023 exam at IIT Kharagpur on the 1st and 2nd Saturday and Sunday of February. For candidates who are willing to pursue a Master’s degree. Admission to graduate programs and recruitment by PSUs may find their eligibility for the GATE exam 2023 through other courses or recruitment.
Some Important Information
GATE 2023 will not be released until notification is released. According to the official announcement, there is no official information regarding the exam’s new changes. The following are the new things that were introduced for the GATE conducted last year:
- In addition to one new subject, two new subjects were added: Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering (combined) and Geomatics Engineering. For GATE 2023 , the total number of subjects has increased to 29.
- GATE 2023 exams to be held in more centers: More centers means more possibility of the GATE 2023 exams being held.
- Continuing With Relaxed Criteria: For GATE 2023 , eligibility criteria will be the same as those of last year, which were relaxed from a minimum of 10+2+4 (previous) to a minimum of 10+2+3 (in the future). This program allowed students studying in the third year of their undergraduate course to take the entrance test. Those scoring the GATE exam are eligible for three years from the date of the announcement of their results.
- You can register for more than one paper: The GATE regulations changed last year to allow students to elect two subject papers from a prescribed combination. In the past, candidates were allowed to apply to appear for one subject at a time. In addition to the semester, we will continue to build our website this year.
We will give all GATE 2023 Test Papers as objective type. Typically, the pattern of questions will include:
- Answers to multiple-choice questions (MCQs)
- Questions selecting more than one option (MSQ)
- Question types using numerical answers (NAT)