IGNOU stands for Indira Gandhi National Open University, is one of the best universities in this country. You can pursue your dream degree up to any level at this university, and by that, I mean, like if you are seeking French as your main subject in the higher qualifications, then this is the place where you can get even a PhD in French. So, it is very obvious that if you are getting so many choices here, taking admission at this university is equally difficult. In this article, we will talk about the Indira Gandhi National Open University in very depth in the hope of clearing all the doubts you might have had.
Important Date to Remember
In this article, we will talk about the important dates to remember for candidates interested in taking part in the Indira Gandhi National Open University.
|Registration for the next session||To be notified next year|
|Examination Date||To be declared next year|
|Declaration of Results||To be declared next year|
|Classes to start||To be declared next year|
Over 4,000,000 students are enrolled in distance education under the IGNOU, a central university in India. All major faculties of IGNOU, like Arts, Commerce, Management, Science, Journalism, and others, offer various courses. Typically, passing marks are required in the last qualifying examination to apply for a UG/PG course. There are still some courses that require a university-conducted entrance exam for admission. Research programs are also available through IGNOU in a variety of specializations. In addition to admission to research programs, admission to these programs is based on entrance exams administered by the university.
Admissions to various offline and online (except Certificate and Semester-based Programmes) courses for the July session are currently open, and applications will be accepted until July 31, 2023. On the official website of the university, students can apply for the program. Upon completion of the admission process, the university will provide study material.
Follow us at Telegram
In addition to UG and PG degree programs, IGNOU offers courses online. Recently, it has introduced online B. Com and Master of Science (Information Security) programmes and Master of Arts (Entrepreneurship) programmes. The duration of these programs varies between 2 and 4 years.
Criteria for selection in the university
Students are either admitted based on their scores in the previous qualifying exam or based on their entrance examination scores. For more information about admissions, please refer to the following:
- To be admitted to courses such as BA, B. Com, B.Sc., BCA, BSW, BAVTM, etc., a test score of 10+2 is required.
- Applicants must have a bachelor’s degree or a one-year diploma in library science to be eligible for BLIS admission.
- Admission to the BBA in Retail (RL) program is based on merit. The admission process for BBAs in Service Management (SM) consists of an entrance exam and an interview.
- A candidate’s Bachelor’s score plus their OPENMAT score determines whether they qualify for MBA admission.
- For admission to the Master of Business Administration, Master of Science program, applicants must have completed a bachelor’s degree in their corresponding field.
- Candidates for MCA admission must take BCS12 concurrently with their Bachelor’s.
- Aspirants can apply for MTTM if they have a relevant bachelor’s degree or undergraduate degree in related fields such as tourism, hotel management, etc.
- For PhD applications, master’s degrees must have a minimum aggregate of 55%.
- Graduate study in any relevant field is required for admission to a PG Diploma program. The 10+2 or equivalent is the basis for Diploma admissions.
It is only possible to re-register for some programs if you are not applying to a semester- or certificate-based program.
IGNOU Delhi conducts the Term-end Examination every semester in June and December, respectively, as per the semester system. Students interested in learning more about the online admission process and the university’s admit card should visit the university’s website.
UG and PG Admissions at IGNOU
IGNOU offers distance UG courses under a wide variety of specializations for 10+2 qualified students. Candidates are usually selected based on their marks in the 10+2 examination for admission to the IGNOU courses starting in February. Students at the college have the option to earn a Bachelor’s degree as well as a Diploma.
Points to remember:
- Unless you enrol in the Bachelor Preparatory Programme (BPP) or the Bachelor of Liberal Arts and Science, these degrees require a full-time commitment of three years. A minimum of one year is needed for these programs.
- Undergraduate Diploma courses run for one year except for the two-year Diploma in Elementary Education.
MBA Admission at IGNOU
IGNOU’s School of Management Studies provides a wide variety of academic programs. As well as MBA programs, the school offers diplomas and PG diplomas. The minimum duration of these courses is two and a half years. To be considered for admission, candidates must complete their graduation with a minimum of 50% in any discipline and pass the IGNOU OPENMAT examination.
There is an MBA program at the institute that is offered under the subject of Banking and Finance. The following streams of Management are also provided, including a PG Diploma:
- Post Graduate Diploma in Human Resource Management (PGDHRM), or
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Financial Management (PGDFM), or
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Operations Management (PGDOM), or
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Marketing Management (PGDMM), or
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Financial Markets Practice (PGDFMP)
Selection Criteria for MBA Program
To be eligible to pursue IGNOU management programs (MBA, DIM, PGDIM, and PG Diplomas in HRM, FM, OM, MM, and FMP), applicants must qualify in the OPENMAT, which is conducted nationwide twice a year. Afterwards, a result card will be generated. This mailing has been sent to all candidates who have appeared in the OPENMAT examination. According to the University guidelines, it will indicate whether the candidate has qualified for the IGNOU MBA programs.
Admission to IGNOU management programs is made through OPENMAT. To register, download the application form from the download page and enclose the fee along with it. The IGNOU MBA Admissions page is a great resource for those interested in admissions to the Management program at IGNOU.
The OPENMAT XLVII entrance test for management programs will be conducted in December for the current academic session. On the official IGNOU website, candidates can download their hall ticket/admit card for OPENMAT XLVII by entering their enrolment number.
- You can find the admit card for the OPENMAT Management Program on the official IGNOU website.
- In the next window, the candidate needs to enter their enrollment number or name and date of birth.
- When the application is successfully submitted, the corresponding admits card/hall ticket will appear on the screen. Make sure that you check all the information on your IGNOU admit card.
Admissions in PhD and M.Phil programs
Furthermore, the school offers M.Phil. programs that allow candidates to research the area of their study. There are many different specializations in masters and doctoral courses. The university provides PhD courses in 12 subject areas and M.Phil courses in 2 subject areas for the July academic session. To be admitted to the M.Phil/Ph.D. program, candidates must take the university’s entrance test. Course. For PhD, candidates holding an M.Phil degree (along with course work and dissertation) and those who have passed NET (conducted by UGC/CSIR/ICAR) or any other equivalent examination will be exempt from taking the examination. By the entrance test. 13 cities will hold the entrance examinations for M.Phil/Ph.D admissions.