In IIT Bombay, we offer PG and Ph. Program in various specializations. We offer a Bachelor of Technology in Computer Science and Engineering as the flagship program. The essential requirement for admission to the B.Tech program at IIT Bombay is a valid JEE Advanced score. The cutoff for the same range from 2 to 66 in the academic year 2021.
The IIT Bombay offers various programming languages, including Java, C++, C, Assembly, PHP, Python, and Database Entries. The required skills to complete the courses include understanding Abstraction in Programming and the basic knowledge of Machine Learning concepts.
The admission to the prestigious B.Tech program at IIT Bombay is granted only after the counselling is done by the Joint Seat Allocation Authority (JOSAA Counselling). The admission is based on the candidate’s score of JEE Advanced, availability of seats and various other factors. The candidates can check their rank on a particular date and time and can book their seats accordingly.
Important Dates to Remember:
|Availability of JAM 2023 scorecard (M.Sc. and M.Sc. + PhD.)||Mar 27, 2023 – Jul 31, 2023|
|Declaration of first admission list (M.Sc and M.Sc + PhD)||Jun 16, 2023|
|Declaration of second admission list (M.Sc and M.Sc + PhD)||Jul 1, 2023|
|Declaration of third admission list (M.Sc and M.Sc + PhD)||Jul 16, 2023|
|Closing of admissions M.Sc and M.Sc + PhD||Jul 30, 2023|
|Entrance test and interview for all categories (PhD)||Apr 25, 2023 – May 20, 2023|
|Declaration of result (PhD)||Jun 4, 2023|
|GATE COAP 2023 Result announcement (M.Tech)||May 28, 2023|
|Last Date forJAM 2023 Registration||May 20, 2023|
|Declaration of 1st Admission List||Jun 16, 2023|
|Declaration of 2nd Admission List||Jul 1, 2023|
|Declaration of 3rd and final Admission List||Jul 16, 2023|
|Closure of Admissions through JAM 2023||Jul 20, 2023|
IIT Bombay PhD. Admissions 2023
IIT Bombay is one of the most popular institutes which one could have. There are lots and lots of students applying every year for the institute. If you are also looking for a PhD in the 2023 batch, then you need no worries. You can apply for our institute online with your details.
Follow us at Telegram
Each year, students from all over India apply to our doctoral program. Graduates with a master’s degree in engineering or technology are considered. An undergraduate GPA above 3.3 out of 4 is needed.
IIT Bombay PhD program is a one-year full-time residential program, admitting selected students based on their Master’s Degree in Engineering or Technology. The basic eligibility required for application is a Master’s Degree in Engineering or Technology with at least 60% marks. If the candidate fulfils these requirements, then he can go through the selection process. After the process, the candidate will be selected depending on his performance.
IIT Bombay PhD. Eligibility Criteria:
There are Eligibility criteria for the course. Any candidate who fulfils the eligibility criteria given by us is free to join our institute as per his choice. Candidates must note that the candidate must keep all the eligibility criteria in mind before applying for the institute. The eligibility criterion offered by our institute is:-
- Of all applicants under final consideration, the student chosen for this scholarship will be the holder of a bachelor’s degree in Technology/Engineering with at least 60% marks. This means that the candidate must have atleast 60% marks in his bachelor’s degree to apply for the institute.
- Applicants must hold a master’s degree in science or equivalent with 60% marks. This means that any candidate who has secured atleast 60% marks in their master’s degree in science can easily apply for our institute.
- A student must hold a bachelor’s degree in Arts/ Commerce or equivalent with a minimum of 55% marks. The Requirements for Arts & Commerce students is low. This means that they need atleast 55% of marks in their bachelor’s degree to apply for the institute.
- Students should have Valid GATE/ CEED/ JEST (for Physics) score OR Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) of CSIR/ UGC/ NBHM/ DBT/ ICAR/ ICMR/ ICPR OR DST INSPIRE Fellowship
If any candidate applying for the institute fulfils these Requirements set by us, they are easily welcomed to the institute.
IIT Bombay PhD. Selection Criteria:
Let’s have a look at the selection criteria, which is compulsory for all the candidates. If the candidate has crossed each of the selection criteria given by us, they can apply without any issues. Selection is one of the primary processes of every institute. This process tells the institute professors the capabilities of the candidates. Upon the process, there are many things which the professor notices. And after taking the result, the candidate is either selected or rejected.
- Our admission policy is simple. We select the cream of the crop. Our candidates are hand-picked according to their GATE/CEED scores, followed by a personal interview.
- The institute will also consider the scores of the written test and the performance in the interview to take a final call on your admission.
- Whether you are a Master of Technology + Master of Philosophy (M. Tech. + PhD) or a Master of Science (M. Sc. + PhD) candidate, we have a program designed for you!
- Suppose you graduate in a dual degree program. In that case, your application will be evaluated on the grade point average of your last two semesters of the course and your English proficiency exam results.
Candidates who have UGC–NET Lectureship are eligible to apply for Teaching Assistantship in the Humanities and Social Science Department, provided they have additional qualifications.
If you are a candidate with UGC-NET, you can do an assistantship in the Humanities and Social Science Department.
How to Apply for M.Sc./M.Sc. + PhD?
JAM utilises a web-based system for processing applications. Job seekers can apply online anytime, day or night.
- All you need to do is register online and take your test at one of our comprehensive facilities.
- Before you apply, make sure your documents are all set and ready! We’ll walk you through the application process.
- Pay your application fee quickly using your bank account, credit/debit card or net banking.
- With our application tracker, you can check the status of your application in real-time.
IIT Bombay M.Sc Admission 2023:
Thesis courses, seminar courses and practical training are the main activities undertaken by the PhD candidates. The candidates can also pursue the M.Sc degree in the relevant discipline and their PhD degree for six years. Candidates interested in doing a double degree course must take the IIT JAM exam.
IIT Bombay M.Sc Eligibility Criteria:
- To be eligible for admission, candidates must have a B.Sc., B. Tech, or equivalent degree with at least 55% marks.
You should have completed a bachelor’s degree in Physics, Mathematics, Computer Science or Engineering.
For M.Sc + PhD
- Candidates should have a B.Sc. degree in Mathematics/Physics/ Chemistry.
IIT Bombay M.Sc Selection Criteria
For M.Sc./M.Sc. + PhD (Dual Degree)
- Admission to M.Sc. and M.Sc+PhD courses will be made based on the score obtained in the IIT JAM, followed by the college’s counselling process. Students with more than 60% (including core and elective subjects) have a good chance of getting into at least one of their choices.
Below you would find the list of top specialisations in M.Sc./M.Sc. + PhD programs
|Specialisation||JAM cut off|
|M.Sc + Ph.D. Industrial Engineering and Operations Research||13-33|
IIT Bombay B.Sc Admission 2023:
IIT Bombay offers admission to the undergraduate program to candidates based on their performance in the Joint Entrance Examination (Advanced). The minimum eligibility required for the application process is a 10+2 qualification in the Science stream.
IIT Bombay B.Sc Eligibility Criteria
The Admission in IIT Bombay the eligibility criteria for students pursuing BSc is 10+2 qualification with a minimum 75% marks in PCM stream.
IIT Bombay B.Sc Selection Criteria
Selection criteria for students pursuing BSc are dependent upon the JEE examination marks.