Every year, the Joint Graduate Entrance Exam in Biology/Interdisciplinary/Life Science (JGEEBILS) is held by the National Centre for Biological Sciences (NCBS). It is a common entrance exam for a number of institutes that do biology and interdisciplinary life science research. The goal of this shared test is to alleviate the challenges that students have as a result of many exams. Each college has its own admissions process and eligibility requirements. In general, applicants must submit individual applications to each of the participating institutions in which they are interested. Before applying, it is recommended that you read all of the instructions thoroughly. This article contains all of the information on JGEEBILS 2023.
The admissions process begins with a written test at one of the several locations across the country, followed by an interview with shortlisted individuals. The admit card will be available online and must be printed in order to enter the exam room. Applicants can check the schedule for JGEEBILS 2023 in the table below.
The Joint Graduate Entrance Exam 2023 is being held by the National Centre for Biological Sciences (NCBS), which is a combined entrance examination for numerous universities that conduct research in biology and multidisciplinary life sciences. The test is overseen by the Tata Institute of Fundamental Research. The JGEEBILS 2023 score, along with other factors, is used by all participating universities as part of their admissions process.
Applicants must apply to each participating university separately. Each institution has its unique admissions process and degree requirements, which can be seen on the websites of participating colleges.
Follow us at Telegram
JGEEBILS 2023 Exam Date:
|Events OF JGEEBILS 2023 EXAM||Exam Dates|
|Application form Of JGEEBILS 2023 Exam available from||End of September|
|Final date for application form submission of JGEEBILS 2023 Exam||November week|
|Release of the Admit Card of JGEEBILS 2023 Exam||1st week of December|
|JGEEBILS Exam Date 2023||December 2nd week|
|JGEEBILS 2023 Exam Result Announced||1st week of January|
JGEEBILS 2023 Application Form:
- JGEEBILS application – apply online at https://univ.tifr.res.in
- Applications for JGEEBILS 2023 must be filed online at ncbs.res.in/admissions.html.
- Students who live in rural regions and do not have access to the internet can apply by hand.
- They could submit a query for an application form (without DD) and a self-addressed stamped (Rs.20/-) envelope (size 25 cm x 17 cm) superscribed “GS-2023” to the address provided: “Admission Section, National Centre for Biological Sciences, Tata Institute of Fundamental Research GKVK, Bellary Road Bangalore-560065.”
• Please read the instructions before beginning to fill out the online application form.
• Masters in Basic Science or Bachelors in Applied Science for a Ph.D. M.Sc. (Ag. ), B.Tech., B.E., B.V.Sc., B.Pharma, MBBS, MS, BDS, and M.Pharma are among them. Written test scores, CVs, and scientific writing samples will be used to choose candidates for an interview.
• For one Ph.D./ M.Sc., a bachelor’s degree in any basic science is required.
• For the TCIS PhD programme, a bachelor’s degree in physics, chemistry, or biology is required.
Application Fee (Non-refundable):
- • For Male Applicants – Rs.900/- for online applications • For Female Applicants – Rs.300/- for online applications as well as applications delivered manually by post (Please see the walk-ins section on this website)
- • The application fee can be paid through DD or online via Net Banking/Debit/Credit Card. Please login to your account on our website using your reference code as your user id and check the payment status of your application after a successful payment transaction.
• Online payments are usually received within two working days, and the system sends an automatic email recognising the payment. If your transaction was completed and your account was debited, but you have not received an acknowledgment email within 7 days and your payment status in your account has not been updated, you may write to the email addresses listed in the “Contact us” section.
• Demand Draft: Make a demand draught in the name of the National Centre for Biological Science, payable in Bangalore, on the State Bank of India.
• After receipt of the application fee/approval of the fee waiver, instructions for downloading/printing hall tickets will be sent via email.
JGEEBILS 2023 Exam Admit Card
Applicants will be able to download their admission cards for TIFR JGEEBILS 2023 from the official website. To download their admission card, candidates must go to Student Login and enter their Username and Password. It is vital to remember that an Admit Card is required for entry into the examination hall; consequently, a printout is required.
|Participating Institutions in JGEEBILS 2023 Exam|
|ACTREC: Advanced Centre for Treatment, Research and Education in Cancer, Mumbai (www.actrec.gov.in) Ashoka University (www.ashoka.edu.in) Bose Institute: Bose Institute, Kolkata (www.jcbose.ac.in) CCMB: Centre for Cellular and Molecular Biology, Hyderabad (www.ccmb.res.in) CDFD: Centre for DNA Fingerprinting and Diagnostics, Hyderabad (www.cdfd.org.in) CHG: Centre for Human Genetics, Bangalore (www.chg.res.in) IISER-Bh, Bherampur (www.iiserbpr.ac.in/) IISER-K, Kolkata (www.iiserkol.ac.in) IISER-P, Pune (www.iiserpune.ac.in) IISER-TVM, Thiruvananthapuram (www.iisertvm.ac.in) IISER-T, Tirupati (www.iisertirupati.ac.in) IMSc: Institute of Mathematical Sciences, Chennai (www.imsc.res.in) InStem: Institute for Stem Cell Science and Regenerative Medicine, Bengaluru (www.instem.res.in) MSLS: Manipal School of Life Sciences, Manipal Academy of Higher Education, Manipal (https://www.manipal.edu/mu.html) NBRC: National Brain Research Centre, Manesar (www.nbrc.ac.in) NCCS: National Centre for Cell Science, Pune (www.nccs.res.in) NIBMG: National Institute of Biomedical Genomics, Kalyani (www.nibmg.ac.in) NII: National Institute of Immunology, New Delhi (www.nii.res.in) NISER: National Institute of Science Education and Research, Bhubaneswar (www.niser.ac.in) SINP: Saha Institute of Nuclear Physics, Kolkata (www.saha.ac.in) THSTI: Translational Health Science and Technology Institute, Faridabad (www.thsti.res.in/) TIFR: Tata Institute of Fundamental Research DBS-TIFR: Department of Biological Sciences, Mumbai (www.tifr.res.in/~dbs) NCBS-TIFR: National Centre for Biological Sciences, Bengaluru (www.ncbs.res.in) TCIS-TIFR: Centre for Interdisciplinary Sciences, Hyderabad (www.tifrh.res.in)|
|Program offered at each institution for JGEEBILS 2023 Exam|
|1.||PhD at all the listed institutions, except NIBMG and RCB|
|2.||Integrated MSc-PhD at TIFR (all Centres), IISER (all locations), Bose Institute, NIBMG, and RCB|
|3.||MSc Programmes at NBRC|
|5.||MSc-by Research at DBS-TIFR|
|Selection Procedure of JGEEBILS 2023 Exam|
|The admissions process (save for Science Education) consists of an online test administered at one of several nationwide locations, followed by interviews with shortlisted students.|
|Shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interviews in April and May of 2023. Dates will be revealed at a later date. The admission exam results will be revealed in late February 2023, and students who have been selected for an interview will be notified by email.|
|For Biology – The Joint Graduate Entrance Examination for Biology and Interdisciplinary Life Sciences is also known as the TIFR Nationwide Entrance Examination for Biology (JGEEBILS).|
|The results of this examination are used by all participating colleges as part of their admissions process. Students must apply to each JGEEBILS participating university independently.|
|Examination Centres of JGEEBILS 2023 Exam|
|The following cities will have examination centres, but the specific place / location of the examination will be listed on the downloaded hall ticket:|
Exam Pattern of JGEEBILS 2023 Exam:
• Types of Questions: Multiple-choice questions (MCQs) with an objective.
• Question Standard: The questions will be based on themes studied in an Indian university at the undergraduate and master’s levels.
• Marking Scheme: In multiple-choice questions, 3 marks will be awarded for each correct answer. In the Numerical and Symbolic portion, the correct answer will earn you 5 points.
• Negative Marking: Only the MCQ portion has a negative marking of one mark.
• Syllabus: Classical Mechanics, Physics-Related Mathematics, Electricity and Magnetism, Quantum Mechanics, Heat, Thermodynamics, and Statistical Physics, General Physics, Modern Physics, Electronics, and Experimental Physics
• Number of questions: 40
• Number of questions: 40
• The exam will last 3 hours.
• Marking Scheme: Three points will be awarded for each right answer.
• Negative Marking: One mark will be deducted for each wrong response.
• Syllabus: The written exam’s syllabus is comparable to the regular syllabus for B.Sc. and M.Sc. degree courses at an Indian university. Applicants can prepare for the exam by studying topics such as:
- Physical Chemistry (No. 1)
- Chemistry of Organic Compounds
- Chemistry of Inorganic Elements
- Chemistry (analytical, electro, and quantum)
- Spectroscopy (NMR, fluorescence, infrared, ultraviolet, and X-ray), logic, statistics, and mathematical methods
• Types of Questions: Multiple-choice questions (MCQs) with an objective.
• Syllabus: The test will only cover the fundamentals of math, physics, chemistry, and biology.
Science of Computers and Systems
The exam will be broken into three halves. Part A will be shared by both the Computer Science and Systems Science disciplines. Part B will be geared toward computer science, whereas Part C will be geared toward system science.
• Time allotted for the exam: 3 hours
• MCQs (Multiple Choice Questions)
• Negative Marking: Each wrong answer will result in a one-point deduction.
There has been a change in the exam pattern for applicants who would be appearing for admission to the several programmes in Mathematics at TIFR, namely the Ph.D. and Integrated Ph.D. programmes at TIFR, Mumbai and TIFR CAM, Bengaluru, and Ph.D. at ICTS, Bengaluru. The following is the exam schedule:
- • Time allotted for the exam: 2 hours
- • Types of Questions: Multiple-choice questions (MCQs) with an objective.
- • There will be 15 multiple-choice questions and 25 true/false questions.
Result of JGEEBILS 2023 Exam
The JGEEBILS 2023 Exam results will be released in the first week of April 2023, and individuals who took the exam can check their results online by visiting the Tata Institute of Fundamental Research’s official website (TIFR).
The results will be announced in three ways: by rank, by roll number, and by category. The admission would be given to the candidates based on their results.
Applicants will be shortlisted in the merit list for admission after receiving qualifying marks in the entrance examination, and the selected candidates will be needed to complete the admission procedure by submitting the appropriate papers and admission money.