Karnataka University is one of the best universities in Karnataka where many students dream of pursuing a B.Ed
B.Ed. (Bachelor of Education) degree is a professional degree that educates teachers for upper primary or intermediate level, secondary, and upper-secondary level. It’s a two-year course for teaching and B.Ed is a degree for those candidates who want to become a teacher and teach at the school level.
In this article, we will discuss the Karnataka B.Ed Admission 2024 Application Form, Eligibility, merit list, and counseling process.
Karnataka B.Ed Admission Eligibility Criteria
The Karnataka State Open University conducts Karnataka B.Ed admission. No entrance exams conducted for the 2023 – 2024 admissions are purely merit-based. Candidate UG scores are considered for admissions. The following are the eligibility criteria for Karnataka B.Ed Admission-
Follow our WhatsApp Channel
- The candidates must be a citizen of India with domicile of Karnataka
- The candidates are required to have graduated from a recognized university with 50% marks (45% for reserved category candidates)
- The candidate’s minimum age must be 19 years when he/she is applying.
Karnataka B.Ed Admission Important Dates 2024
|Application form submission date start||Ongoing|
|Application Form last date submission||uploaded soon|
|Merit List||uploaded soon|
To apply you can visit this link: sts.karnataka.gov.in
Karnataka B.Ed Admission Application Form 2024
The following is the application form for Karnataka B.Ed Admission 2023 – 2024:
- Visit the application form for School Education in Karnataka and click on the register button
- After clicking on the registering button, you’ll have to provide your email and password
- After registration is complete, you’ll have to log in to your account
- After logging in, you’ll have to fill out the application form with your name, address, email, education qualification, etc.
- Now, you’ll have to upload the documents mentioned below
- After uploading the documents, you’ll have to pay for the application form
- After successful payments, make sure to take a printout of the application form and payment receipt for future use
Documents Required for Applying for Karnataka B.Ed Admission
The following are the documents required for applying for Karnataka B.Ed Admission
- Class 10th and 12th passing certificate/Marksheet
- Graduation Degree/Marksheet
- Identity certificate Aadhaar Card, PAN Card, etc.
- Scanned copy for Photograph
- Scanned copy for Left-hand thumb impression, signature
- Migration Certificate
- Caste certificate
- Domicile certificate
Karnataka B.Ed Admission Application fee
The application fee for Karnataka B.Ed Admission is Rs.1000/- which can be paid online using credit card/debit card, Net banking, UPI, etc.
Karnataka B.Ed Admission Merit List
Karnataka B.Ed Admission is a purely Merit List based admission. The merit list will be published on the official website. The date of publishing of the merit list will be updated soon. Check our site regularly for the latest updates.
Karnataka B.Ed Admission Counselling 2024
Counseling is an event where the candidates who have passed the examination are offered a seat in the university. For admission, the candidates are required to submit the documents mentioned below.
Documents Required for Karnataka B.Ed Counselling
The following are the documents required for Karnataka B.Ed-
- Karnataka B.Ed Call Letter
- Original mark sheet & certificate of class 10th / 12th
- Age proof certificate
- School leaving / Transfer Certificate from the Institution in which you had studied last
- Caste Certificate (in case of candidates of reserved category)
- Domicile certificate and Migration Certificate
- Character Certificate from a responsible person / Headmaster of the School.
- Certificate of Medical Fitness (if required)
Seat Reservation of Karnataka B.Ed Admission
|Category 2 A||15%|
|Category 2 B||4%|
|Category 3 A||4%|
|Category 3 B||5%|
|Sports Quota Family||0.13%|
|Ex-Military person Family||0.13%|
You can apply for Karnataka B.Ed. Admission by visiting the official website of Karnataka State Higher Education Council (KSHEC).
The eligibility is that the candidate should have a Bachelor’s degree with the mentioned minimum percentage it can also vary by university or institution.
It’s a two year program.
Priya Bansal is a seasoned education writer with a passion for creating insightful and engaging content. With a background in education and a knack for research, she excels at producing articles, blogs, and resources that inform and inspire. Priya’s work contributes to the enrichment of educational discourse and empowers learners of all ages.