UPES stands for University of Petroleum and Energy Sciences. This institute is situated in Dehradun, and as the name suggests, it specialises in Petroleum Engineering. This institute is one of the best that one can get in the field of Petroleum Sciences, and in this article, we will discuss the UPES and everything from the important dates to the scholarship process.
Important Dates to Remember
In this article, we will talk about all the important dates that a candidate who is interested in taking admission at the UPES has to remember: –
|Last date for registration for UPES DAT||February 22|
|Examination Date||March 14 – March 15|
|Last date to apply for B. Des and M. Des||May 11|
|Personal Interview for UG students||April 6|
Register for the BBA (Digital Marketing), B. Des and M. Des programs offered by the University of Petroleum & Energy Studies (UPES). Applications for admission to the B. Des and M. Des programs must be submitted by May 11, 2023 , respectively; applications for the BBA (Digital Marketing) must be submitted by a later date as well. Candidates applying for a B. Des program and M. Des program will be selected based on their scores on the UPES DAT. UPESDAT 2023 will take place on May 14-15, 2023 .
UPES Admission Process
The University of Petroleum and Energy Studies (UPES) offers a full-time undergraduate program with B. Com, B.Sc., B. Tech, BCA, BBA, BA, B. Des, and a two-year law degree. The University offers MTech, MBA, MA (Eco.), M. Des, M. Plan, and LL.M programs at the postgraduate level. There are both full-time and part-time PhD programs available at the University.
Follow us at Telegram
- The UPESDAT test will be used to shortlist candidates for undergraduate design admissions, while the UPESDAT and CEED tests will be used for postgraduate design admissions.
- The following exams will be used for admission to UPES Dehradun 2023:
- LSAT-ULSAT, CLAT-CLAT, and ULSAT-INDEX integrated courses for LLB students
- Bachelor of Technology in Law – UPESEAT
In UPES, there are two types of admission criteria: those that require examination and those that do not. In the examination pathway, admission is offered through entrance exams conducted by UPES. In contrast, admission in the non-examination pathway is available based on merit or performance in national entrance exams. On payment of INR 1350 as the application fee, the UPES application form can be filled out online and offline.
- Admissions to the school are made online through the official website or by purchasing the application from the admissions offices.
- UPES admits students to B. Tech by evaluating their performance on UPESEAT and then conducting a central counselling process.
- UPESEAT scores are also used for admission to B. Tech-LLB (Hons.) integrated courses.
- Additionally, those who achieve a valid JEE Main score in the non-exam category are eligible for admission.
- Admissions to a B. Des program are based on the UPES DAT score and an interview and portfolio presentation. Also, those who have scored well in JEE Main/UCEED/NATA are eligible to apply.
- According to ULSAT scores, integrated LL. B courses are selected. Additionally, candidates who do not take the LSAT/CLAT can apply based on their scores.
- The UPES BA course admission process is conducted through an interview and counselling, while the BBA admission process involves a group discussion followed by an interview.
- Application screening followed by a personal interview is the process of securing MTech admission.
- For admission to MBA programs, applicants must qualify in UPESMET, although scores from valid CAT, MAT, XAT, CMAT, NMAT, and GMAT are acceptable.
- UPES admissions to M. Des programs are based on the successful completion of CEED or UPES DAT, followed by oral presentation and interview.
- A candidate’s score in the UPES Economics Entrance Exam (UPESEEE) followed by an interview is considered for admission to the MA (Economics).
- Admission to PhD programs is based on the Research Aptitude Test (RET) administered by UPES.
- Direct admission scholarships are offered in B. Tech/BBA and LLB courses to Uttarakhand residents who score at least 150 (for boys) and 50 (for girls) in UK State board examinations.
- As well as on-campus education, this University offers distance learning.
To qualify for the program, you must have obtained a minimum of 50% marks in class 10 and 10+2 and 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics at 10+2.
To apply under the non-examination pathway, candidates must have obtained at least 50% marks in both PCM and 10+2 subjects on the board exam and 50% marks on the board exam and PCM subjects on the JEE Main examination.
UPES will announce the merit of JEE Main on its website after the announcement of JEE Main Results. Centralised counselling will be conducted based on the JEE Main results.
According to the UPES Engineering Aptitude Test (UPESEAT), UPES admission is based on the results of UPESEEAT. Admission is also based on the JEE Main/10+2 marks, based on the non-examination pathway.
Eligibility for admission based on JEE Main Merit
The applicant must have a minimum of 50% marks in 10th and 12th grade and a minimum of 50% marks in PCM.
Board Merit-based Admission Eligibility
Students should score at least 80% on class 10 and 12 standardised tests and 80% on the PCM standardised test.
- The UPES program offers admission in several courses to candidates born after October 1, 1998.
- About 80% of seats are filled through UPESEAT and centralised counselling.
- Board and main merit seats shall account for 20% of seats.
- The University fills empty seats in the non-exam pathway using UPESEAT when there are vacancies.
- The University also can administer physical tests (paper-pencil tests) / online tests if there are vacancies.
- To participate in the selection process for non-examination, candidates must provide their 10+2 and JEE Main scores.
- Uttarakhand’s Board of Secondary Education requires that candidates get at least 80% marks in 10+2 and PCM. To be eligible, they should also be ranked within the top 150 on the UK board.
- In the first semester, 50% of tuition will be covered by the scholarship
- For B. Tech (All Streams) in CBSE/ ICSE/ State Examination Board, merit-based scholarships are available to students with an aggregate of 80% in class X and XII and 80% in PCM.
- Each B. Tech program will offer such scholarships to no more than 10% of the students.
- The first semester scholarships will be awarded based on the merit of the candidates.
- The University’s policies will determine the continuation of scholarships in the subsequent years.
The following scholarships will be awarded to state board toppers in Uttarakhand:
- During the first year of study, tuition fees are waived for boys by 25% and girls by 35%.
- Topper students from Uttarakhand will receive one seat per program as per the merit order.
- Under this category, 15% of the seats are reserved for Uttarakhand residents.
- The applicant should have a “Sthai Niwas Praman Patra” (permanent residence certificate).
- Scholarships will be awarded to only one student at a time (either through the Uttarakhand Board Toppers or through the Uttarakhand Resident category).
- Following this year’s academic year, scholarship awards will be given according to the University’s merit scholarship policy.