The Chhattisgarh Professional Examination Board (CPEB) conducts an annual state-level eligibility test known as the CG SET. The CG SET exam will be held in the third week of September. Applicants who pass the examination are hired as Assistant Professors in Chhattisgarh’s government universities.
Applicants for the CG SET exam can refer to the following takeaways of the exam:
• The exam of CG SET is divided into two parts that are taken on the same day.
• Applicants can register for the CG SET exam online at the official website.
Follow us at Telegram
• Applicants must be Indian citizens to take the CG SET exam.
Highlights of the CG SET Exam
|Full Form of CG SET||Chhattisgarh State Eligibility Test|
|Official Website of CG SET||https://vyapam.cgstate.gov.in/|
|Body which conducts CG SET Exam||CPEB|
|Name of the Post||Assistant Professor|
|Total Vacancies Available||To be updated|
|Notification Release Date||To be updated|
|Last date to submit the application||2nd week of August (tentatively)|
|Release Date of the Admit Card||Last week of August to 1st week of September (tentatively)|
|Date of Exam||3rd week of September (tentatively)|
|Declaration of Results||November (tentatively)|
Vacancies Available In The CG SET Exam
- The CG SET exam vacancy will be announced on the official website soon.
- There is no official information regarding the vacancies available because no announcement has been made on the official website.
How do You apply for the CG SET Exam online?
Applicants can fill out the CG SET application form online between the fourth and second weeks of July by going to the official website. To apply for the CG SET exam online, follow these steps:
Step 1: Go to their official website.
Step 2: Create an account with a valid email address.
Step 3: Complete the application form with all of the required details.
Step 4: Attach all of the relevant documents, as well as a passport-sized photo.
Step 5: Make a payment for the application cost.
Step 6: Review and double-check all of the information before submitting the form.
Step 7: Print the application form after downloading it, for any future references.
Application Fee of CG SET Exam
Applicants can pay the application cost for the CG SET exam both online and offline. Applicants can pay online using a debit/credit card or a net banking account. Those who wish to make an offline payment can do so using an e-challan. The cost of an application varies depending on the category.
The following are the application fees for the CG SET exam, broken down by category:
|Sr. No.||Category||Application Fee|
Selection Process of CG SET Exam
Applicants should be aware of the CG SET exam selection process. As part of the screening process, all applicants must take two exams. The applicants who pass both papers of the CG SET test are chosen for the position of Assistant Professor. The applicants are chosen based on their performance in the exam.
Eligibility Criteria of CG SET Exam
Applicants should read the eligibility criteria prior to enrolling for the CG SET exam on the official website. The following are the eligibility requirements:
- Applicants should be Indian citizens to register for the CG SET exam.
- The applicant should be a resident of the state of Chhattisgarh.
- There is no upper age limit for taking the CG SET exam.
- Applicants must hold a postgraduate degree from a UGC-approved university or institute.
- Applicants must have received a grade of 55 percent on a scale of 100.
- Applicants who are in a reserved class receive a 5% bonus on their final grade.
Applicants who have taken or will take their PG degree’s final year examination, whose qualifying examination has been postponed, or whose result is still pending, are eligible to take the exam.
CG SET Exam Syllabus
The syllabus for the CG SET test is based on the class 12 syllabus. The following is the paper-by-paper syllabus for the CG SET test:
Paper I of the CG SET exam is a general test that assesses applicants’ teaching and general ability. The details of the syllabus are listed below:
UNIT 1: TEACHING ABILITY TEACHING CHARACTERISTICS OF LEARNERS
- Teaching Methods in Higher Education Institutions
- System of Instructional Support
- Evaluation Methodologies
UNIT 2: ABILITY TO RESEARCH
- Research Methodologies
- Research Procedures
- Writing a thesis and an article
- Incorporation of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) into Research
- Ethics in Research
UNIT 3: Comprehension
- Questions are posed in response to the passage.
UNIT 4: COMMUNICATION
- Communication that is effective
- Effective Communication Obstacles
- Society and the Media
UNIT 5: Aptitude and Mathematical Reasoning
- Reasoning Types
- Number sequences, letter sequences, codes, and relationships and all examples of number series.
- Aptitude for Mathematical Problems
UNIT 6: LOGICAL REASONING
- Understanding how arguments are put together
- Deductive and inductive reasoning are evaluated and distinguished
- Diagram of a Venn diagram
- Logic in India
- Anumana (inference), Vyapti (invariable relation), and Hetvabhasa have different structures and types (fallacies of inference).
UNIT 7: Interpretation of Data
- Data sources, acquisition, and classification
- Data that is both quantitative and qualitative.
- Data visualisation and mapping on a graphical level.
- Interpretation of data.
- Data and governance are two topics that come up frequently.
UNIT 8: TECHNOLOGY OF INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATION (ICT)
- Information and communication technologies (ICT)
- Internet Fundamentals
- In higher education, there are a number of digital initiatives.
- Governance and Information and Communication Technologies
Unit 9: People, Development, and the Environment
- Environment and Development
- Interaction between humans and the environment
- Concerns about the environment
- Pollution’s effects on human health
- Resources of Natural and Energy
- Natural disasters and dangers
- Environment Protection Act (1986)
UNIT 10: The System of Higher Education
- Higher education and learning institutions in ancient India.
- In post-independence India, higher education and research have evolved.
- In India, there are Oriental, Conventional, and Non-Conventional learning programmes.
- Professional, technical, and skill-based education are all available options.
- Environmental education and value education are two types of education.
- Policies, Governance, and Administration are all important aspects of any organisation.
Paper – II
English, Hindi, History, Economics, Law, and other disciplines are covered in the CG SET Paper II syllabus. The following are the topics for Paper II:
- Chemical Science
- Computer Science
- Home Science
- Library and Information Science
- Life Science
- Mathematical Science
- Physical Education
- Physical Education
- Physical Science
- Political Science
Exam Pattern of CG SET
Paper I and Paper II are the two parts of the CG SET test. On either paper, there is no negative marking for incorrect answers. It is important to remember that it is compulsory to attempt all questions. The tables below show the detailed pattern of each paper:
|Sr. No.||Paper||No. of Questions||Marks||Total Marks||Duration|
|1||Paper I||50||2||100||75 minutes|
|2||Paper II||100||2||200||75 minutes|
Exam Date of CG SET
The CG SET exam is tentatively scheduled for the third week of September. The CG SET exam will be administered in a paper-and-pencil format i.e., in offline mode.
Admit Card of CG SET Exam
The admission card for the CG SET exam will be available prior to the exam, likely between the last and first weeks of August. To obtain the admission card, applicants need follow the processes below:
Step 1: Visit the official website for more information.
Step 2: Go to the page and click on the link that reads “download the CG SET test admit card.”
Step 3: Accessing the admit card by entering the registration ID and date of birth.
Step 4: Print the CG SET exam admission card after downloading it.
Answer Key of CG SET Exam
The answer key for the CG SET exam can be acquired from the official website. In PDF format, the answer key will be accessible. It will be announced 30-45 minutes after the test is completed.
How Should I Prepare for the CG SET Exam?
Because CG SET is a state-level competitive test, it necessitates extensive study. To prepare better for the exam in question, consider the tips given below:
- Different time slots should be set up for each subject, with a greater emphasis on subjects that demand more attention.
- Solve prior year’s question papers to obtain a greater understanding of the course.
- Time yourself as you work on the papers to improve your time management abilities.
- Take appropriate breaks so that you can absorb more information and do it more effectively.
CG SET Exam: Recommended Books for Preparation
Candidates taking the CG SET can prepare for the exam by reading the following books:
|Sr. No.||Books to be studied||Author or Publication|
|Computer Knowledge||Dr. Alok Kumar|
|High School English Grammar & Comprehension||Wren and Martin|
|Quantitative Aptitude||RS Agarwal|
|UGC NET/JRF/SLET General Paper – 1 Teaching & Research Aptitude||Arihant Expert|
Result of the CG SET Exam
The results for the CG SET exam will be released on the official website in November. To obtain the outcome, follow the steps outlined below:
Step 1: Go to the official website.
Step 2: Go to the download the result link and click it. It will send you to a different website.
Step 3: Enter your admissions number as it appears on your admit card.
Step 4: Verify that your roll number appears in the list. If you are chosen, it will be highlighted in yellow.