Holidays are an important part of maintaining a healthy work-life balance and can have a positive impact on our physical, mental, and emotional well-being.
We all want travel, explore and enjoy the life at best but to do so, one has to plan and ensure they can manage the available holidays in the calendar.
For planning a trip where you need more than one day to travel, you need to find the Long Weekends in India. In this article, we will have made your planning easy with the list of Long Weekends in 2024 in India.
Long Weekends List in 2024 in India
|Makar Sankranti / Pongal||13, 14, and 15 January 2024||Saturday, Sunday, and Monday|
|Republic Day||26, 27, and 27 January 2024||Friday, Saturday, and Sunday|
|Maha Shivaratri and Ugadi / Gudi Padwa||8, 9, and 10 March 2024||Friday, Saturday, and Sunday|
|Holi||23, 24, and 25 March 2024||Saturday, Sunday, and Monday|
|Good Friday||29, 30, and 31 March 2024||Friday, Saturday, and Sunday|
|Buddha Purnima||23, 25, and 26 May 2024||Thursday, Saturday, and Sunday|
|Bakri Id / Eid ul-Adha||15, 16, and 18 June 2024||Saturday, Sunday, and Tuesday|
|Independence Day||15, 17, 18, and 19 August 2024||Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and Monday|
|Milad un-Nabi||14, 15, and 16 September 2024||Saturday, Sunday, and Monday|
|Janmashtami||26, 28, and 29 September 2024||Thursday, Saturday, and Sunday|
|Diwali / Deepavali||1, 2, and 3 November 2024||Friday, Saturday, and Sunday|
|Guru Nanak’s Birthday||15, 16, and 17 November 2024||Friday, Saturday, and Sunday|
There are some holidays where you’ll have to take leave to get a longer day of holiday and you’ll be able to plan the entire holidays. The following are the days on which you need to take leave-
Follow us at Telegram
- Friday 24 May 2024
- Monday 17 June 2024
- Friday 16 August 2024
- Thursday 27 September 2024
How to Plan Your Holidays Using This Chart?
Planning your holidays is important and can be an exciting process, but overwhelming at times so it is smart to pre-decide to spend your holidays.
You can always have your method, however, the following are the methods that you can use to plan your holidays using the above Long Weekends in India list-
- Determined your Travel Dates- The very first step is to find all those days that you can use to plan your travel and note the number of days. The list of long weekends provided above would come in very handy.
- Calculate your Budget- After deciding the dates, you’ll need to calculate the budget and hence determine the funds required.
- Choose the destination of Travel- based on the budget and travel days, you’ll have to choose the destination where you can go, and falls within your budget and travel dates.
- Mode of transport- Now, find out the mode of transportation that you’ll have to choose i.e. car, bike, flight, and make sure that mode of transport is available.
- Booking- After planning, now you’ll have to book hotels, flights, car rentals, etc. on the decided date and time as per your schedule.