SSC JE stands for Staff Selection Commission examination, which is related to the hiring of the Junior Engineers in more detail. This exam is one of the most important government examinations in this country after the UPSC examination. It involves the recruitments of engineers at different levels at different government organizations. This article will discuss the SSC JE exam in detail, from important dates to the exam strategy.
Important Dates to Remember
This article will talk about the important dates to remember for the candidates interested in the SSC JE exam.
|Date of release of notification||28 November 2023|
|Last date to apply online||27 December 2023|
|Admit card release for the Tier 1||March 12, 2023|
|Examination Date for Tier 1||March 2023|
|Declaration of Result||To be announced|
What is SSC JE?
The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) administers the SSC JE exam. It is designed to recruit Junior Engineers (JEs) in civil, electrical, mechanical, and quantity surveying & contracting engineering branches. Applicants for this examination must possess a minimum qualification and have passed the test prescribed for recruitment to the Group-B (non-gazetted) posts of level-6 (Rs 35,400-1,12,400) of the seventh Central Pay Commission pay matrix.
For the SSC JE exam, detailed eligibility criteria have been prescribed by the Staff Selection Commission (SSC). It is the responsibility of all candidates planning to sit for SSC JE to familiarise themselves with the eligibility criteria for 2021 thoroughly. If at a later stage, it is discovered that the candidate does not meet the eligibility criteria, the application will be rejected. From March 30 to April 2, SSC JE paper-I 2021 will be administered.
Follow us at Telegram
The nationality or citizenship of the individual
A candidate must be one of the following:
- Inhabitant of India or a national of India
- Subjects related to Nepal/Bhutan
- Those Tibetans who came to India before January 1, 1962, with the intention that they would settle permanently in India, or
- Indian citizens migrated to Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania and Zambia from Pakistan, Burma and Sri Lanka, and the East African countries of Kenya, Burma, Burma, Sri Lanka and the United Republic of Tanzania, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam to permanently set in India.
Separate solution keys are provided for Paper 1 and Paper 2 of the SSC JE examination. There will be answer keys available at ssc.nic.in for Paper 1 and Paper 2. Answers to the questions will be provided with the question papers. Candidates can analyse their performance on the Jr. Engineer Exam with the help of the answer key.
As soon as the exam is completed, the answer keys for the SSC Junior Engineer exam will be available. The Answer Key can be downloaded by following these steps:
- Please visit ssc.nic.in for more information.
- Please click on the junior engineering answer key link under the Answer Key tab.
- You can find a download link for SSC JE Answer Key just below the notice. Click on that link to download the key.
- Enter your Roll Number and Password, and then select the exam date you took the exam.
- The Answer Key can be obtained by clicking on the Submit button.
In its latest announcement, the Staff Selection Commission announced the status of JE applications for 2021-21. Check the SSC JE Application Status for aspirants at paper one at the respective Before October 1, 2021. The SSC JE registration was started by the Commission and ended on October 30, 2021. On the official website, forms were available. There is a 100-rupee application fee for the SSC Junior Engineer. The price for SC/ST/PWD/Ex-servicemen is exempted for women candidates and candidates belonging to the SC/ST/PWD/Ex-servicemen categories.
Exam day guidelines
Candidates should carefully read their Admit Cards as they contain a particular set of guidelines.
- Candidates must also bring a scanned copy of their passports in addition to their Admit Cards and ID documents.
- All candidates must arrive at their designated test centres at least forty-five minutes in advance to ensure the best possible exam experience.
- Applicants will not be allowed into the exam centres once the gates have been closed.
- It is not permitted to bring electronic devices into the exam hall, including calculators, mobile phones, etc.
- A fundamental first step in preparing for any exam is becoming familiar with the syllabus.
- Exam candidates must follow all guidelines and rules specified on the tickets and received from the invigilators.
- During the first step, you will have to write an examination (Objective Type). The exam is conducted online and consists of 200 marks.
- The second step is the written exam, or Paper 2. It carries a maximum score of 300 points. There will be an offline version of this test.
- A round of interviews will not be conducted. Their performance on these two papers will determine a candidate’s selection.
The steps below will be followed in the case of Tie:
1) Marks earned in Paper-2
2) Marks obtained on Paper-1
3) Age as per the date of birth (DOB)
4) Students’ first names are listed alphabetically
Online Coaching Facility
You may choose to start online coaching for SSC JE 2021 as one of the finest and most convenient ways to save time and prepare for the exam in the best manner. You will save travel time and ensure your success with the best faculty by preparing through online coaching. By participating in live SSC JE classes, you can practice 1000+ questions, practice mock tests, and download PDFs for study material while getting clear on your doubts in real-time.
SSC has released the notification for JE 2023. Also, the application process shall commence at the same time. SSC JE 2023 Notification will have all necessary information regarding the exam date, application beginning and ending dates, fee payment information, exam dates, times, centres, vacancies, admit release dates, etc. The candidates can download the SSC JE 2023 Notification from the official website. Documents containing the notification are released in PDF format. For regular updates, candidates are encouraged to consult the official website.
There are two papers in the SSC JE Exam. Each paper will have its syllabus, as described below for SSC JE Syllabus 2023 Paper I and Paper II:
There are three sections in Paper I: General Intelligence and Reasoning, General Awareness, and General Engineering. Below are the detailed syllabuses for each section:
General Intelligence and Reasoning
- Logical Reasoning
- Series and Sequences
- Data Interpretations
- Blood Relations
- Direction Sense
- Government Policies
- Current Affairs
- World History
- Civil Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
A candidate’s technical skills in their respective domain are assessed in SSC JE 2023 Paper-II. There will be the same standard for Paper-II for the Diploma in Engineering (Civil, Electrical, Mechanical). SSC JE Paper-II questions are descriptive. In each branch, the following topics are discussed:
- Structural and Civil Engineering – The topics in Structural Engineering include Materials, Costing, Valuation, Geomechanics, Irrigation Engineering, Steel Design, RCC Design, Hydraulics, Estimating, etc.
- Electrical Engineering – Subjects covered include AC fundamentals, electromechanical machine components, basic electronics, circuit law, basic concepts, magnetic circuits, generation, transmission and distribution.
- Mechanical Engineering – Boilers, properties of pure substances, theory of machines and machine design, specifications, air compressors and their cycles, fluid kinematics, fluid statics, etc., are some of the topics covered in Mechanical Engineering.
What is the maximum age limit of SSC Junior Engineering examination?
The upper age of the SSC JE examination is 32 years of age. However, the upper age limit may vary from department and post to post.
Is there any negative marking for SSC JE examination?
Yes, there is a negative marking for wrong answers of 0.25 marks for JE paper-I. There is no negative marking for SSC JE paper-II.
Can a final year candidate apply for SSC JE?
Yes, the final year candidate can apply for the SSC JE examination.