TNSET or Tamil Nadu State Eligibility Test is a state level examination that appoints candidates for the post of Assistant Professors/Lecturers in state run universities. Candidates will be selected based on the merit list prepared by the TNSET authorities. In this article, we will discuss information about TNSET Entrance test like Application Form, Exam Date, Eligibility, Pattern, Syllabus, Admit Card, Result, etc.
TNSET 2023 Important Exam Dates
|Important Event||Tentative Dates|
|Starting of Online Application Form Submission||3rd week of December 2022|
|Last date to Apply Online||2nd week of February 2023|
|Admit Card will be available from||Last week of February 2023|
|Date of Examination||1st week of March 2023|
|TNSET Answer Key||3rd week of March 2023|
|Declaration of Result||1st week of April 2023|
TNSET 2023 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria for TNSET are as follows-
- Candidates must be a citizen of India and domicile of Tamil Nadu
- Candidates must have a Master’s Degree from a recognized university or college with a minimum of 55% marks (50% for the Reserved Category)
- There is no minimum age criteria for TNSET
- Candidate appearing in final year examination can also apply
TNSET 2023 Application Form
The application process for TNSET can be filled online and the candidate can follow the step by step process is as follows-
- Visit the official website of TNSET and click on the apply button, the official website of TNSET
- The application form will be opened, fill the form with accurate information and click on the Next button
- After that, you have to upload the digital photograph, signature, and other documents
- Now Click on the submit button, a new screen with all the information filled will appear, review the application and check for all the details again
- Now pay the fee online using Netbanking, credit card, or debit card
- Your application is filled, take a print out of the application and payment receipt for future use
Documents required for TNSET 2023 Application Form
The following are the documents that are necessary for filling the TNSET application form-
Follow us at Telegram
- Latest Scanned photo passport size
- 10 and 12 certificates scanned
- Graduation or Master’s Degree/Marks Sheet
- Scanned signature of the candidate
- Aadhaar card number and a scanned copy
TNSET 2023 Application Fee
The Application fee for TNSET is as follows-
|General/ OBC||Rs. 1500/-|
|OBC (NCL)||Rs. 1250/-|
TNSET Exam Centers
The following are the examination centers for TNSET-
TNSET Examination Pattern
The following are the examination pattern of TNSET-
|Session||Paper||Marks||No. of Questions|
Syllabus for TNSET 2023
The syllabus for TNSET 2023 is as follows-
General and Aptitude
- Reading Comprehension.
- Teaching & Research Aptitude.
- Logical Reasoning Ability.
- Information & Communication Technology.
- Data Interpretation.
- People & Environment.
- Higher Education System Governance, Polity & Administration.
- Micro & Macro Economic Analysis.
- Public Finance.
- Development & Planning.
- International Economics.
- Statistical Methods.
- Indian Economy.
- Collusive & Non-Collusive Oligopolies Theory of Demand.
- Accelerator & Investment.
- Different approaches to the money supply.
- Monetary Approach & Adjustment.
- Optimum Currency Areas.
- RBI policies, commercial & co-operative banks, etc.
Political Science (Paper-II)
- Comparative Politics & Political Analysis.
- Political Theory & Thought.
- Public Administration.
- Indian Government & Policies.
- International Relations.
Political Science (Paper-III)
- Power & Authority.
- Political Socialization & Culture.
- Political Development.
- Supreme Court.
- Judicial Activism.
- Political Elite.
- Bureaucracy & Challenges of development.
- End of the Cold War, etc.
- Learning Process.
- Perceptual Processes.
- Memory & Forgetting.
- Motivation & Emotion.
- Thinking & Problem-Solving.
- Human Abilities.
- Neurophysiology of Learning.
- Signal Detection.
- Existential & Humanistic Theories.
- Models of memory.
- Cognitive strategies.
- Creative thinking & Problem-Solving.
- Research Designs.
- Psychological Scaling, etc.
- Sociological Theory.
- The Sociological concepts.
- Sociological Methodology.
- Neo-functionalism & Neo-Marxism.
- Phenomenology & Ethnomethodology.
- Structuration & Post-Modernism.
- Contemporary Issues.
- Theoretical Perspectives.
- Current Debates.
- Challenges of Globalization, etc.
- Ancient Indian History.
- The concept, ideas, and terms.
- Modern Indian History.
- 4th century BC to 12th century AD Indian History.
- Indus valley civilization to Mahajanapadas.
- India from 1206 to 1526.
- Foundation of British Rule.
- Economic & Social Policies.
- National Movement & Post Independent India.
- Socio-economic & culture life under Mughals.
Commerce (Paper-II & III)
- Financial & Management Accounting.
- Business Environment.
- Statistics & Data Processing.
- Financial Management.
- Banking & Financial Institution.
- International Business.
- Income Tax Law & Planning.
- The methodology of Educational Research.
- Psychological Foundations of Education.
- The process of Growth & Development.
- Western Schools of Philosophy.
- Intelligence Theories & Measurement.
- Concept & Principles of guidance and counseling.
- Personality and its types.
- Qualitative Research.
- Universalization of Elementary Education, etc.
Social Work (Paper-II & III)
- Philosophy & Principles of Social Work.
- Evaluation of Social Work Profession.
- Theories of Social change & Disorganization.
- Social Work Education.
- Human motivation & problems of Human behaviour and coping mechanisms.
- Principles & Objectives of Community Organization.
- The process, Approaches, Techniques of Social Case Work, Labour Welfare & HR management, etc.
Home Science (Paper-II & III)
- Nutrition Science.
- Food Science.
- Institutional Management.
- Resource Management.
- Non-formal & Extension Education.
- Human Development.
- Developmental & Educational Communication.
- Methods of Research, etc.
- Jacobean to Restoration Periods.
- Chaucer to Shakespeare.
- Augustan Age.
- Contemporary Period.
- America and other non-British Literature, etc.
- Criticism & Literary Theory.
- British Literature from Chaucer to the present day.
- History of English language, etc.
- Vedic Literature.
- Grammar & Linguistics.
- Sanskrit Literature.
- Brahmans &Aranyakas.
- Samhitas, Vedangas, Grammer & Schools of Vedic Interpretation.
- Prose, etc.
- Authors & Books.
- History of Tamil up to a 20th century, etc.
- Grammar, etc.
- Legal Theory.
- Constitutional Law of India.
- Public International Law.
- Family Law.
- Law of Contracts.
- Labour Law
- Essential Features of the Indian Constitution.
- Role of the election commission in the democratic process.
- Fundamental rights, duties, Scope & Importance of Administrative Law.
- Sales of Goods Act.
- Company Law.
- Offenses against property, etc.
Journalism & Mass Communication (Paper-II & III)
- Role of media in society.
- Communication & Journalism.
- Types of communication.
- Professional organizations in media.
- History of print & broadcast media, etc.
Geography (Paper-II & III)
- Settlement Geography.
- Geographic Thought.
- Population Geography.
- Geography of India.
- Cartography, etc.
Science & Applications (Paper-II)
- Computer Arithmetic.
- Current Trends & Technologies.
- Programming in C and C++.
- Data & File Structures.
- Computer Relational Database Design & SQL.
- Computer Networks.
- Operating Systems.
- System Software & Compilers, etc.
Computer Science & Applications (Paper-III)
- Programming Languages Concepts.
- Combinational circuit design.
- Analog & Digital Transmission.
- Software Development Models, etc.
Electronic Science (Paper-II & III)
- Norton & Maximum Power Transfer Theorems.
- Addressing modes.
- Electronic Transport in Semiconductor.
- PN Junction.
- Logic Families, flip flops, converters.
- Maxwell’s equations.
- Principles of Amplitude.
- Optical sources.
- Transduces, etc.
Management (Paper-II & III)
- Managerial Economics.
- Cost-output relations.
- Capital Budgeting.
- Valuation Concepts & Securities.
- Marketing Environment & Environment scanning.
- Role & Scope of production management.
- Probability Theory.
- Motivation Concepts.
- Ethics & Management system, etc.
Earth, Atmosphere, Ocean & Planetary Sciences (Paper-II & III)
- Common flora and fauna in India.
- Definition, principles, and scope of environmental science.
- Water Chemistry.
- Environmental Geosciences.
- Ecosystem, etc.
TNSET Admit Card 2023
Admit card for TNSET 2023 admit card is released once the exam date is closing usually, 2-3 weeks before the examination. You can download the admit card from the official website. It is important for the candidates participating in the TNSET to follow the guidelines mentioned on the Admit card.
TNSET 2023 Exam Result
The Exam result will be released within a month or two after the examination is conducted. Along with the result, a cut-off will also be released which is the minimum marks required for the candidates to pass the examination for admission.
TNSET Counselling is a process where the candidates who have passed the Entrance test finalizes their seats and the admission to the course is confirmed. In this event, you have to visit the venue on the notified date with the necessary documents.
Documents required for TNSET Counselling
The following are the document that you have to carry when visiting the counselling session-
- Class 10 /high school or its equivalent examination certificate
- Class 12 marks sheet/ grade sheet or equivalent qualifying
- 10 recent colour photographs
- Graduation Degree/ Marks Sheet
- TNSET Score Card/ Result
- Migration/ transfer/ character certificate from the last attended institution
- SC/ST/OBC Category certificates (if any)