KVS Admission Notification Released. Online Application Submission to be started from 27-March-2023.
Kendriya Vidyalaya is a Central Government funded school that is one of the most prominent schools in India. There are wide networks of schools across the country totaling 1248 schools as of 2023. It is one of the largest network chains of schools operated by the government. It was established to provide education to Government employees or Army Personnel’s children who constantly had to be posted in remote locations. Today, the school is open to the general public.
KVS Online Admission 2023-24
Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan, conduct the admission process the all the Kendriya Vidyalaya schools. To get admission to 1st class, parents should enroll online for a draw when conducted by Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan. Kendriya Vidyalaya Registration 2023-24 Class 1 Age Limit 6 years minimum, defined by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE). Below are the details for an Application form, notification, admission process, and other details for Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission 2023 – 2024.
Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan is preparing to commence school admissions soon for the 2023-24 session. As an organization dedicated to providing quality education to students, KVS ensures that the admission process is transparent and efficient. The upcoming admissions will be an opportunity for parents and guardians to enroll their children in one of the many Kendriya Vidyalayas across the country. Once the process starts, candidates will be able to fill application online at https://kvsonlineadmission.kvs.gov.in.
Age Limit for Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission 2023-24
The child, applying for admission in 1st class must be 6 years old as of 31st March of the admission academic year. Below is the full list of age limits for different classes.
Follow us at Telegram
|Class||Minimum age||Maximum age|
|Class 1||6 Years||8 Years|
|Class 2||6 Years||8 Years|
|Class 3||7 Years||9 Years|
|Class 4||8 Years||10 Years|
|Class 5||9 Years||11Years|
|Class 6||10 Years||12 Years|
|Class 7||11 Years||13 Years|
|Class 8||12 Years||14 Years|
|Class 9||13 Years||15 Years|
|Class 10||14 Years||16 Years|
Admission into class 11th has no age restrictions as long as they are seeking admission in the same year they pass their Class 10 exams. Likewise, admission to class 12th class has no upper or lower age limit as long as the student has not taken a break in their continuous study after passing class 12th.
Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission Important Dates 2023 – 2024
|Release of Notification for admission||21 March 2023|
|Online KVS registration for class-1||27 March 2023|
|Last date for registration for class 1||17 April 2023|
|Declaration of provisional selection and a waitlist of registered candidates||20 April 2023|
|Registration for Class II onwards (except Class XI)||03 April 2023|
|Last date for registration for class 1||12 April 2023|
|Declaration of the list of class II onwards||17 April 2023|
|Last date of admission for all classes except class XI||30 June 2023|
|For KV students: Registration for admission in class XI.||Within 10 days after the declaration of class X results|
|KV students: Display of admission list & admissions for Class-XI.||Within 20 days after the declaration of class X results.|
|Non-KV students: Registration, display of admission list & admissions in class XI (Subject to availability of vacancies)||After the admissions of KV students in class XI.|
|Last date of admission for class – XI.||30 days from the date of declaration of class-X results by CBSE.|
Kendriya Vidyalaya Application Form 2023 – 2024
To take admission, the candidates must fill out the application form, you can follow these steps to apply for the Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission–
- Visit the official website of Kendriya Vidyalaya and click on the register button and get registered using the email and Password
- After successful registration, log in to your account using your login credentials
- After logging in, fill out the application form with details like the child’s name, address, education qualification, Mother and Father details, choice of school, etc.
- While filling out the choice of school make sure to select the school nearest to your home or select whichever has the higher scope of admission
- Now, upload the below-mentioned documents and click on the submit button
- After clicking on the submit button, you will get a preview of your application form which you have to check before submitting
- After clicking on the submit button, your application form will be successfully submitted and you will be provided with a tracking ID to track your application
Documents Required for Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission
The following are the documents required for applying for the KV Sangathan–
- Valid mobile number
- Valid email address
- Scanned photograph of the student applying for admission
- A scanned copy of the child’s birth certificate
- Scanned copy of Caste certificate
- Transfer details of parent/grandparent whose service credentials will be used in the application
- Residence certificate
- EWS/BPL certificate
- Service certificate of employee
- Proof of the relationship of child’s parents with grandparents
- A certificate of retirement for uniformed Defence employees.
- Disability certificate from a civil surgeon or rehabilitation center (if any).
Admission Process for Kendriya Vidyalaya 2023 – 2024
Admission process in KV is different for different class group. Following are the admission processes for Kendriya Vidyalaya for different classes of candidates:
Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission 2023 24 for Class 1
The admission process for Kendriya Vidyalaya class-1 is based on a lottery system. Every candidate who applied for the KV Admission will be provided with an application number and the system randomly chooses the application number whoever has the application number that candidates get the seat for admission. For KVS admission 2023-24 in 1st class, the age limit is set to 6 Years minimum and 8 Years maximum.
Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission 2023 24 for Class 2 – 8
From class 2 to class 8, the candidates will be selected based on the priority category system. This means, the candidates will be identified based on the category they belong to and based on that evaluation, priority admission will be given to needy children like SC, ST, EWS, etc.
Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission 2023 24 for Class 9
For taking admission into class 9th, the candidate must go through an entrance examination and score at least 33% marks (25% for SC/St/ PwD category). The duration of the examination is 3 hours and the following are the examination pattern-
Syllabus for Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission 2023 24 Class 9
The following are the syllabus for the Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission 2023 24 Class 9 entrance examination-
- सर्वनाम एवं सर्वनाम
- उपसर्ग एवं प्रत्यय
- वाक्य निर्माण
- समानार्थी शब्द
- विराम चिन्हों की पहचान एवं उपयोग
- मुहावरे एवं लोकोक्तियाँ
- देशज एवं विदेशी शब्द
- पठन कौशल
- शब्द सामर्थ्य
- Reading Comprehension
- Word Power
- Fill in the Blanks
- Error Correction
- Sentence Rearrangement
- Subject-Verb Agreement
- Number Systems
- Coordinate Geometry
- Linear Equation in two variables
- Introduction to Euclid’s Geometry
- Lines and Angles
- Area of parallelograms and triangles
- Heron’s Formula
- Surface area and volumes
- The Constitution
- Parliamentary Government
- The Judiciary
- Social Justice and the Marginalised
- Economic Presence of the Government
- Natural resources
- Human Resources
- The Revolt of 1857-58
- Education and British rule
- Women and reform
- Challenging the Caste System
- Colonialism and Urban Change
- Changes in the Arts: Painting, Literature, architecture
- The Nationalist Movement
- India after Independence
- Crop Production and Management
- Microorganisms: Friend and Foe
- Synthetic Fibres and Plastics
- Materials: Metals and Non-metals
- Coal and Petroleum
- Combustion and Flame
- Conservation of Plants and Animals
- Cell – Structure and Function
- Reproduction in Animals
- Reaching the Age of Adolescence
- Force and Pressure
- Chemical Effects of Electric Current
- Some Natural Phenomena
- Stars and the Solar System
- Pollution of Air and Water
Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission 2023 24 for Class 11
Admission into class 11 will be based on the marks scored by the candidates in the class 10 board examination. The following are the rules that get applied for the shortlisting of the candidates-
- For Science Stream, 60% final aggregated percentage in the board examination is required
- For Commerce Stream 55% final aggregated percentage is required
- For Humanities, a pass in the board examination is required
Admission into the different streams of Science, Commerce, and humanities will be based on the merit list prepared based on the marks obtained in the class 10 CBSE Baorda examination. The stream will be allotted based on marks obtained. Once the seat exhaust, the students will have to choose other steam within that KV School.
The following is the methodology used to provide admission in case of an admission clash-
- In case of two candidates shoring the same marks, then priority will be provided to the candidate who has scored higher marks in Maths
- In case both candidates have the same marks in maths, then along with maths, science will also be considered to decide admission
- If still there is a clash, then-candidate of higher age will be provided with admission
Concessions Allowed for Admission at CLASS XI
The following concessions will be allowed for admission to class 11-
|S. No||Sports & Games||NCC Scouting/ Guiding||Adventure Activities||Concession of marks for admission|
|1||Participation at SGFI or equivalent level.||A certificate and participation in Republic/PM Rally Rashtrapati Puraskar award certificate||Nil||6% Marks in aggregate|
|2||Participation at KVS National/ State level||A certificate and best Cadet in Distt/State level Rajya Puraskar award certificate with 07 proficiency badges||Nil||4% Marks in aggregate|
|3||Participation at KVS Regional/ District Level||A certificate||Tritiya Sopan certificate with 05 proficiency badges||2% Marks in aggregate|
|4||Students belonging to SC/ST/OBC/ Divyang (PH) would||–||–||4% Marks in aggregate|
Reservation in KVS Admission 2023-24
Reservation is allowed to different category/sections for KVS Admission 2023-24. Below are the reservation criteria for KVS Admission 2023-24.
|Other Backward Classes (OBC-NCL)||27%|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||15%|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||7.50%|
|Right to Education (RTE) / EWS||25%|
Other Important Terms & Conditions
- Indian Army, Navy, Airforce, and Coastal Guards- Directorate of Education of Armed Forces can recommend up to 6 names for admission in Kendriya Vidyalaya located in the defense sector.
- Children of serving KVS employees will be considered for admission at any time of the year but, to take admission into class 9th, the candidate must clear the entrance test.
- Meritorious sports children who have secured I, II, and III positions in SGIF/CBSE/ National / State level games organized by the Government will be provided with admission over and above the class strength
- Special Provisions for Kashmiri Migrant Admission will be given as follows-
- Extension of Date of admission for 30 days
- Admission will be given over and above the class strength
- Relaxation in cut-off marks applicable to SC/ST candidates subject to the minimum eligibility requirement
- 15 admission seats the employee of the Research & Analysis Wing would be given admission on orders issued by the KVS HQ. Out of these 15 seats, 5 seats will be given in Delhi and the rest of the admission will be outside of Delhi.
- 50 admission seats will be provided to the employee of Central Police Organisations, that is, CRPF, BSF, ITBP, SSB, CISF, NDRF, and Assam Rifles under the Ministry of Home Affairs based on a list provided by the MHA
- Children who were earlier studying in Kendriya Vidyalaya but had to relocate due to the transfer of parents in an area where no KV schools were available if the parents subsequently get transferred to a place where a Kendriya Vidyalaya exists, his/her child be considered for admission
Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan (KVS), the exam conducting body has announed on 22 March, 2023 for online application submission. Applications could be submitted from 27th March 2023, 10AM.
KV schools are affiliated with the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE).
Class first admission in KV school is done through the draw process.
For the 1st class admission minimum age limit is 6 Years and the maximum could be 8 Years.
Yes. A child born on 1st April, if 6 years now will be considered eligible for admission.
Differently abled children could be provided up to two years of age relaxation by the Principal.
There are no age restrictions for classes 11th and 12th if the 11th class candidate is getting admission in the same year they pass their Class 10 exams and if the 12th class candidate has not dropped any year after passing 11th.
Kendriya Vidyalaya admission notification 2024-25 will release in March 2024 and admission will start in 2025.
As per the mandate of NEP 2020 entry age for Class 1st has been revised to 6+ years with effect from Academic Session 2022-23. Thus the child will be eligible for KVS admission 2024 -2025 if he/she is 6 years old as of 31st March 2024.
KVS admission has a quota for single girl children, with no other siblings. The single girl child includes twin girl children. Allotments are two per section in class 1st and two per class in class 6th and onwards.